Sunday, June 30, 2013

38 Weeks

It's so hard to believe that I've almost reached the end of my pregnancy.  I can't express how thankful I am to have had such a smooth pregnancy and am praying for an equally smooth delivery! :)  It has gone by so fast and I can't believe that sometime within the next two weeks, Eric and I are finally going to get to meet this little guy!  At my appointment this past Wednesday, the doctor told me she feels like I will not have him until pretty close to my due date, if I don't have to be induced.  She said they will not let me go past 41 weeks so Jackson is guaranteed to arrive sometime before July 17th.  I'm praying Jackson will make his appearance when he is ready.  I want to take a moment to say a huge thank you to all of our family and friends for their support throughout this pregnancy!  Eric and I could not be more blessed and I'm so grateful that Jackson will be surrounded by this same love and support! 

38 Weeks

Look at that belly!! :)

 
How far along: 38 weeks and 4 days
Baby's size: weighs approximately 6.5 pounds and measures slightly over 19 inches long
Maternity clothes: Although I still occasionally wear my jeans to work (only with the help of a rubber band!) with maternity shirts, I’m trying to wear as many dresses as possible since they are so much cooler.  At home, I refuse to wear anything but shorts and a t-shirt.  I really dislike this heat and humidity!
Sleep: Luckily, my sleep has improved over the past two weeks.  I still have the occasional night where I’m more restless and I still get up a gazillion times to use the bathroom, but overall, I’m getting better sleep.  It has helped greatly with my energy levels during the day, not to mention my mood. Haha! J
Best moment of the week: I had a wonderful time at my church shower last Sunday.  Also, last night, Eric and I enjoyed the slight break in heat and humidity, packed some sandwiches, and went to Two Rivers Park for a picnic and walk.  It was so nice to get outside, relax, and enjoy the peace and quiet.
Movement: He is still pretty active.  Poor little guy is getting pretty cramped so I’m getting lots of rib jabs.  There is nothing like getting to see my stomach move around! 
Food cravings: Still no food cravings to report.
Symptoms: I’m still living on Tums for acid reflex/indigestion and using the bathroom a gazillion times a day. J  Other than the occasional uncomfortable rib jabs and lower abdominal pressure, I feel pretty good.
Looking forward to:  I’m sooo glad this is just a 4 day work week!  Hopefully the weather will stay slightly cooler so Eric and I can get outside and enjoy some fireworks on Thursday (providing Jackson doesn’t make his arrival!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment