Sunday, June 16, 2013

36 Weeks

As always, I can't believe how fast my pregnancy is going by!  We have been so busy over the past few months that the weeks have flown by and here I am, a few short weeks from my due date.  Last weekend was another busy one.  Eric and I went to Hot Springs to celebrate our anniversary, going out for dinner and spending the night at the Arlington.  I can't believe it has been a year since our wedding, but what a wonderful and crazy year it has been!!   It was so good for the two of us to get away and spend some time together.  I'm so glad I married that wonderful man and can't wait to see what our next year holds!

As for our nursery, I've pretty much gotten everything finished.  There are just a few last minute touches, including hanging some wall art and putting pictures in frames, that need to be done, but I hope to have that all wrapped up this week.  I'll post pictures of Jackson's finished nursery sometime this next week!  I have everything washed, folded, sorted, and put away.  This week, Eric and I put together all of Jackson's baby paraphernalia, including his swing, bouncy seat, stroller, etc., and got his car seat set up in my car, just in case!  On a side note, I must say, Graco really needs to invest in a company/employees who demonstrate the ability to write clearer instructions!  It's a miracle that Eric and I are speaking to each other, especially after dealing with the swing! :)  Eric, Jackson, and I have been so blessed with very generous family and friends and are so very thankful for all of the many gifts we have received. 
 
36 Weeks
 
 
How far along: 36 weeks and 4 days
Baby's size: weighs almost 6 pounds and measures near 18 ½ inches long
Maternity clothes: Although I still occasionally wear my jeans to work (only with the help of a rubber band!) with maternity shirts, I try to wear as many dresses or shirts and leggings as possible.  When I’m at home, you won’t find me in anything but shorts and a t-shirt!  I’m pretty much hating this heat!
Sleep: Over the past few weeks, I’ve started having trouble getting good sleep.  I fall asleep fine, but wake up many times throughout the night and am unable to go back to sleep.  I feel pretty tired most days. 
Best moment of the week: I had a wonderful weekend hanging out with both of our families!
Movement: He is still pretty active.  As he is getting bigger, I'm feeling less kicks and more big movements.  There is nothing like seeing a knee or his butt stick out!
Food cravings: Still no food cravings to report!  Very odd, isn't it!?  I was just telling Eric this week how lucky he is that he hasn't been sent on any midnight craving runs at any point throughout my pregnancy. :)
Symptoms: Acid reflux/indigestion are still pretty common…I pretty much always have a bottle of Tums nearby.  As expected, I'm having to use the bathroom more often.  Jackson is starting to move lower so I'm feeling more pressure in my lower abdomen.
Looking forward to:  My final baby shower this weekend at church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment