Monday, May 13, 2013

Beach Trip

Eric and I, along with his parents, spent a good part of last week in Gulf Shores for a little mini vacation before Jackson gets here.  It was the earliest in the year that we have been to the beach and the weather was definitely cooler, which was a nice change!  The temperature ran in the upper 70s during the day and mid to upper 60s at night.  It was wonderful to be able to lay on the beach without sweating our butts off!  When we got there Wednesday night, we immediately hit the beach for a walk.  We spent all day Thursday on the beach, went out for dinner, and then played a competitive round of putt putt golf.  I kicked butt (putting a hole in one on two different holes, yes two!) and thought I had beat Eric aka Mr. Golfer, but we ended up tying...dang it!  Friday, we had a rainy day, so we enjoyed laying around the condo, reading, watching TV, and napping, throughout the morning and then Shirley and I did some shopping that afternoon.  We were afraid Saturday was going to be a wash out as well, but the rain moved out and we were able to spend the afternoon on the beach.  As always, the vacation passed by way too fast, but we had a wonderful time!  I posted all of our pictures on Facebook, but here are a few of my favorite from our trip.










Jack is probably going to kill me for this one...




No comments:

Post a Comment