Tuesday, July 15, 2014

First Birthday Party #1

Yes, I said "Birthday Party#1"... I have always been someone who thought it was a little silly to make a big deal out of a child's first birthday.  This, of course, would be prior to having Jackson! :)  Now, I fully understand that turning 1 is a huge milestone that deserves celebrating!  The way our plans fell this year, it worked out that we celebrated our sweet boy's first birthday with two different parties!  Since Jackson's birthday falls on the 4th of July weekend, we knew most of our friends would have plans or be out of town, so we decided to hold off and have a party at our house the following weekend.  My parents planned on camping at Bull Shoals-White River State Park over the holiday weekend so Eric and I decided to head their direction.  We decided not to camp with my parents, but instead, to stay at their house and drive to the park during the day.  In planning this weekend, my mom and I decided to have a big cookout that would serve two purposes, to celebrate both the holiday and Jackson's birthday with family and friends.  It was a great opportunity to see family I don't get to see very often and for them to get to see Jackson.  It turned out to be such a great party!  A huge thanks to my mom and dad for helping make this party so special!  The weather was perfect and it was wonderful to get to visit with my family.  Although Jackson started to get a little fussy towards the end, he had so much fun!  Here are some pictures from our weekend and Jackson's party.



Jackson's birthday gift from Mimi & Popi






It took all of us to keep the gravel out of Jackson's mouth!

Love my boys!!




Jackson's invitation










My pastry chef extraordinaire brother-in-law made this awesome cake for Jackson's party.  He did such a good job!!





Jackson's original response to his piece of cake wasn't positive...

but he, of course, came around! :)
















Jackson's meemaw and peepaw drove up to celebrate with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment