Sunday, August 18, 2013

The last few weeks...

Everyone always talks about how time seems to speed up and fly by once you have kids and it is so true!  It's crazy how fast Jackson is growing...he seems to get bigger and change every day.  The last few weeks have flown by and our sweet boy is already 6 weeks old!  I will be going back to work in two weeks and although part of me is ready to get back to a regular schedule, the other part of me already dreads the thought of losing all this one-on-one time with my sweet boy.  We've been pretty active over the past few weeks and I doubt there will be any slowing down!

Jackson was four weeks old on August 3rd and we spent the afternoon with our friends, the Cunninghams, at Pinnacle Mountain, playing and walking a trail.  Afterwards, we all went out for dinner at Larry's Pizza, our first time out to dinner with Jackson.  Other than waking for a bottle while at the park, Jackson slept throughout the entire outing.




 
Eric's birthday was August 8th and we celebrated that evening by having Eric's parents, my mom, and my sister and brother-in-law over for dinner.  We had a great time hanging out and eating yummy food!  We continued his birthday festivities the following Saturday, inviting several of our friends over for dinner. My brother-in-law cooked some delicious food and we all just enjoyed hanging out and visiting.  Our group of friends doesn't get together as often as we use to so it was wonderful spending the evening with everyone!
 

Eric & Jackson taking a nap before his birthday dinner.



Last week, my mom and I went grocery shopping with Jackson for the first time.  For those who don't know, my mom and I work for the same company and she is actually covering for me while I am out on maternity leave.  She has been staying with Eric, Jackson, and I and has been the biggest help!   Once I return to work and she goes home, I believe we are going to be in for quite an adjustment...  Eric and I are so very thankful for her help and will definitely miss her when she leaves!  I'm glad she was able to help with this first.  All I can say is from now on, any grocery shopping done with Jackson will require the help of my sweet husband.  It's impossible to shop with a car seat...there is NO room for the groceries!  Luckily, Jackson did very well and, again, slept most of the time.

 
Jackson & Mimi (5 weeks)
 
This week, Eric, Jackson, Zoe, and I took advantage of this amazing weather (is it really August in Arkansas!?!) and spent some time outside at Two Rivers Park.  Jackson, Zoe, and I met Eric there after work to walk around, eat a picnic dinner, and just enjoy the beautiful weather.  We had a wonderful evening and can't wait for fall so we can be outside more often!
 







Besides these outings, Jackson and I have spent more time out of the house recently.  Jackson LOVES going for walks in his stroller so Jackson, Zoe, and I usually try to get in at least one walk through our neighborhood a day.  We have made many trips to Target and Babies R Us, along with several other stores, and even went on a short shopping trip to the Promenade this past Friday.  Jackson also loves riding in a car.  He will usually fall asleep right away and typically stays asleep while we are in the stores.  On the few occasions he hasn't fallen asleep, he just chilled in his car seat and looked around while I shopped.


I startled him when I took this picture, haha!
 

Here are a few more pictures I've taken recently.

Jackson loves tummy time!



Jackson also LOVES bath time.

No comments:

Post a Comment